Sunday, February 1, 2009

Super Bowl Sunday

I Can't believe it is Super Bowl Sunday again. I was just figuring out who was in the 2008 game. I had a discussion today with Brian and he couldn't remember who won last year Superbowl; so why do we make such a big deal of it??? Unless of course your "baby" is playing in it or you have relatives playing or I can even see a fan who thought their team never had a chance. I always say, "Any given Sunday," any team can win.

I thought about the Superbowl games I attended the past 15 years and each one seem to be the same except for the teams, and city. Each one consisted of expensive airfare, ridiculous room rates with a minimum stay; expense of eating has doubled because the restaurants know we need to get our grub on.

I am not being negative about the Super Bowl.....but where the heck are these people getting money from to pay for the scalped tickets of at least $1200 apiece; hotel is $1,000 and transportation can run from $500 to $2000 a person. We are at a high for unemployment; a low for interest rates and our funds are decreasing as I type because of the NYSE and others. So the point that I am making is... folks don't have enough money to pay their bills but they can go to Florida for pure entertainment. Oh and let's not forget all of the $5 beer and stadium food that should be budgeted in to the equation! And if you are a real fan, you will be tailgating.

So, I guess you know that I am in the comfort of my home with store bought wings and chips.
I actually got a cold housing call today that I will work on today; I guess everyone doesn't watch the Super Bowl.

May the team wins that plays their best today.

2 comments:

Tami said...

Hey Cuz! I didn't watch, I read, cleaned my house and watched a movie. whomp whomp...who won? Just kidding...I do know that.

sbd6702 said...

Since it's been a while since I've blogged, I thought I would send you two for today!!My friends son plays for the Steelers so I was happy to see them win (even though I am a Cowboys fan). I've really enjoy blogging with you and can't wait to see what you come up with next! You haven't changed your sense of humor. I don't know if you remember me but we were roomies at ETSU. I was the country hick from Virginia. From time to time my mom will ask if I have heard from you. She still doesn't get the concept of 'who you are now!!!! (love her heart).
Blessings